Saturday, May 19, 2012

Crescent City Shawlette

This shawl is finished but not blocked. I have my wires but no where to block it yet.







The pattern is the Crescent City Shawlette.

I am almost finished with this shawl. There are only 88 rows, and I am about 20 rows from the finish line. My stitch count is off, and I've been unknitting and then reknitting for days trying to find it.

Knit Picks Aloft (75% Super Kid Mohair, 25% Silk; 246 yards/25g): Jade

Today I'm unknitting more rows to get to a place where I know it's right. This has been going on for several days whenever I get a chance. It's usually a yarn-over that I forgot to make, but cannot seem to figure it out this time.

Knit Picks Gloss Fingering (70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk; 220 yards/50g): Jade
I'll probably never use Mohair again, as it's quite fuzzy and guess it's just not my thing. My nose itches every time I knit with it.

It appears that I'm going to run out of yarn before I get to the end, so will re-order some today. This is what happens when you aren't on gauge! It will be gorgeous though.

No comments:

Post a Comment